The Alchemist Institute of Cardiopulmonary Sciences has achieved an eminent place as a
dedicated service provider for comprehensive surgical and medical management of all types of diseases of the heart, lungs and blood vessels at any age group from the new born to the geriatric population.
Being a comprehensive centre of excellence, it attracts the best surgical and medical minds who
work as a unified team to provide cardio- pulmonary care of the highest professional standards
to a large number of patients suffering from heart or lung ailments.
The following services are available in Cardiac Sciences:
CARDIOTHORACIC SURGICAL SERVICES
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG) Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery can be performed both on a Beating Heart – Off Pump or Beating Heart Surgery, or on a still heart – On Pump CABG. Both modalities are routinely used depending on patient needs.
- Valvular Heart Surgery
- Valve Repair Techniques for all types of Mitral Valve disease are done preferentially.
- Valve replacement with either a Mechanical or a Tissue Valve is reserved for patients with severe disease.
- Aortic Aneurysm Surgery
Surgical and Endovascular techniques using various types of stent grafts for treating aortic disease, including Aortic aneurysms and Dissections, etc.
- Heart Failure surgery
- High- Risk Coronary Artery Surgery.
- Ischemic Mitral Repair or Replacement with preservation of Subvalve apparatus.
- Ventricular remodeling surgery (Dor’s Procedure) for Aneurysms of the left ventricle.
- Arrhythmia surgery
Modified Mini Maze procedure for treating Atrial Fibrillation (disturbance in
cardiac rhythm) and/or left Atrial Reduction is done to treat AF associated with Mitral valve disease so that no patient leaves the operating room without restoration of Sinus (normal) rhythm.
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
Your child’s heart care team here is made up of Pediatric Cardiac Surgeons, Cardiologists, Cardiac
Anesthesiologists and Cardiovascular nurses—all of whom are specially trained in treating
Pediatric Heart conditions.
We work in collaboration with other departments and divisions (Pediatrics, Neonatal and
Perinatal medicine, Physical Therapy etc.), as well as with each family’s
cardiac specialist, to ensure the highest quality of care possible
From right after birth to adulthood, our Heart Center is geared to provide top-rated cardiac care
to all of its patients and so right from your first visit, you’ll be working with a team of
professionals who are committed to support all of your child’s medical, physical and emotional
The Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery Division provides heart surgery and cardiac interventions
for Infants, Children and Young adults with Congenital Cardiac and Vascular diseases.
Conditions That We Treat
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transposition of the Great Arteries
- Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return (TAPVR)
- Coarctation of the Aorta
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)
- All other complex Cardiac Congenital malformations are dealt with expertly by this team.
- Resectional Surgery for Lung Cancer like Lobectomy, Bilobectomy and Pneumonectomy.
- Resectional Surgery for Destroyed lobes or Lung for infections.
- Lung Volume Reduction Surgery
- Pleurodesis Decortication
- All types of diagnostic procedures such as Biopsies, Bronchoscopy, Mediastinoscopy are also being performed.
Emergency Cardiac Care
- Round the clock Primary Angioplasty Programme - Patient undergoes an angioplasty within 60 minutes of reaching hospital
Diagnostic Invasive procedures
- Coronary angiography
- Peripheral angiography
- Carotid & Renal angiography
- Catheterization and angiography for congenital heart disease, valvular heart disease, pericardial & cardiac muscle diseases
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Angioplasties in cardigenic shock
- Peripheral, renal and carotid angioplasties
- Balloon dilatation for Mitral, Aortic & Pulmonary valves
Non – Invasive Cardiology
- Trans – Esophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
- Stress Echo
- Tread Mill test (TMT)
- Loop Recorders
- All sorts of abnormalies of heart beat can be treated medically or with devices
like pacemakers and ICDs.
Heart Failure Management
- Heart Failure Management through devices like CRTs, CRTDs, etc.
We can assist our medical colleagues with procedures like:
- Embolisation of tumors prior to surgery
- Uterine artery embolization for post partum bleed
- Embolisation procedures for hemoptysis or GI bleed
- Limb salvage procedures for diabetic foot.
Alchemist Hospital’s Pulmonary Services specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of problems relating to the lungs. Superspeciality surgical and Medical management of all types of lung conditions namely:
- Lung cancer
- Destructive lung disease like T.B and Bronchiectasis
- ILD, Sarcoidosis
- Smoking related Lung disease
- Sleep Related Snoring & Sleep Apnea
- Lung Cancer Clinic
- Pulmonary function Tests
- 6 minute Walk Test
- Sleep Studies